Accessibility for disabled
The villa was designed and constructed in 2009 with the needs of wheelchair users in mind. Till today it is a unique property in rural Andalusia with full accessibility, allowing wheelchair users and their families to experience the real Spain away from the crowds.
Throughout the villa design elements were carefully chosen to enable wheelchair bound guests to enjoy the biggest independence possible.
Level access throughout
The path to the pool is level.
Swimming pool with three steps (6, 8 and 5 cm) access and metal handrail (depth of pool is from 56cm to 118cm).
Roll in wet rooms
4 roll in en suite wet rooms (clear floor space 2,2m x 2.14 m) with 85cm clear opening doors
Level access shower with two vertical handrails
Shower chair with foldable arms
Two shower chairs are available, one with foldable arms.
All four rooms on ground floor have wet rooms
Shower taps are 1.2m and 1.5 m high. Doors are 85 cm wide.
Pool hoist with chair and harness
Powered Virmedic pool hoist (max. work load 185kg).
Fully accessible toilets
WC is 40 cm high, toilet seat risers are available.
In addition to the rooms there is an accessible toilet beside the lounge as well (sliding door 85cm), with fold down rails.
Easy access to pool
Disabled guests can use a plastic chair or a harness with head support to enter the pool.
Rails on both sides of WC
Fold down rail on one side of the WC and horizontal or vertical rails on the wall.
- All the downstairs accommodation is level, no steps, thresholds or ramps
- The area between the car drop off point and the building is level
- Level access to the terrace and lounge.
- Manual opening door (90 cm)
- Open plan lounge (80 sqm) with a variety of seating and tables
- Tables with clear space beneath them of up to 73cm
- Bar with to hight 107m and 83cm
- Accessible toilet beside the lounge (sliding door 85cm), with fold down rail
- Level access from the lounge, through the courtyard, to the 4 bedrooms
- Door of the bedrooms 85 cm width, handle and key-way are at 96cm and 1m high
- Bedrooms are 16,45 m2 with tiled floor for easy turning
- Lowered hanging rail in the wardrobe
- Beds are 55cm high mattress included
- Light and fan controlled from the bed
- Lowered light switches, sockets, and window handles all around in the house
- 4 roll in en suite wet rooms (clear floor space 2,2m x 2.14 m) with 85cm clear opening doors
- Hand basin with small lever operated tap and space beneath it
- Fold down rail on one side of the WC and horizontal or vertical rails on the wall.
- WC is 40 cm high, toilet seat risers are available
- Level access shower with two vertical handrails. Two roll in shower chairs available, one with folding arms.
- Shower taps are 1.2m and 1.5 m high
- The path to the pool is level
- Swimming pool with three steps (6, 8 and 5 cm) access and metal handrail (depth of pool is from 56cm to 118cm)
- Powered Virmedic pool hoist (max. work load 185kg). Chair and harness with head support available.
- Metal framed sunbeds at the poolside with armrest providing good support when transferring
- Optional meal and food delivery service
What our guests are saying
“The property is very well laid out for wheelchair users with a large terrace, spacious living area and roll-in showers.”
“I am a wheelchair user, and it is often difficult to find appropriate accommodations. The villa and pool were very accessible and lovely.”
“The house offers great disabled access, which allowed us to relax knowing that our daughter could move around the house with ease in her Power wheelchair.”
“Totally accessible. Amazing to find a holiday rental where all four bedrooms have wet rooms that anyone can use… the pool had a hoist and it was the first time I have been able to go into a pool for years.”
“If you want to get away from the crowds and relax in a beautiful villa which is well set up for wheelchair users, this is the place. It has level access throughout, wet rooms and a pool hoist.”
“Fabulous villa with good wheelchair access and facilities.”
The accessibility for all generations regardless of their age and ability, make this place ideal for family get-togethers
Assistance at the airport
Malaga Airport offers excellent assistance for disabled travellers. For more information please check out their official site here. IMPORTANT: Assistance has to be booked minimum 48 Hours before light departure.
Special Assistance Dogs are welcome. Your health, comfort and safety are of the utmost importance to us.
We can connect you with a locally based British carer to help you with your daily routine.
We are a fully registered and legal Casa Rural and have public liability insurance.
There is a medical centre in the village of Iznajar 10 minutes drive along with two pharmacies.
If you need any specialised equipment, electric bed etc please contact Equipment Hire Blue Badge. They can deliver equipment direct to the villa.
You can hire wheelchair adapted vehicles from Caleta Car Hire.
We will do our best to ensure that your individual needs are met wherever reasonably possible.