Accessibility for disabled
The wish that motivated the construction of the villa was to provide a place where wheelchair bound people can join their loved once for an unforgeable holiday.
Unfortunately old farmhouses, even if beautifully renovated, do not have the possibility to welcome guests with disability. Therefore wheelchair users didn’t had other options then staying in soulless big hotels in crowded places.
This was the gap that Hilltop Hideaway had to fill, and it now enables everybody to enjoy an authentic rural setting in the heart of Andalucia.
Throughout the villa design elements were carefully chosen to enable wheelchair bound guests to enjoy the biggest autonomy possible.
The carefully chosen inclusive design elements make sure that wheelchair users can enjoy their holiday in the company of their loved ones.
- All the downstairs accommodation is level, no steps, thresholds or ramps
- The area between the car drop off point and the building is level
- Level access to the terrace and lounge.
- Manual opening door (90 cm)
- Open plan lounge (80 sqm) with a variety of seating and tables
- Tables with clear space beneath them of up to 73cm
- Bar with to hight 107m and 83cm
- Accessible toilet beside the lounge (sliding door 85cm), with fold down rail
- Level access from the lounge, through the courtyard, to the 4 bedrooms
- Door of the bedrooms 85 cm width, handle and key-way are at 96cm and 1m high
- Bedrooms are 16,45 m2 with tiled floor for easy turning
- Lowered hanging rail in the wardrobe
- Beds are 55cm high mattress included
- Light and fan controlled from the bed
- Lowered light switches, sockets, and window handles all around in the house
- 4 roll in en suite wet rooms (clear floor space 2,2m x 2.14 m) with 85cm clear opening doors
- Hand basin with small lever operated tap and space beneath it
- Fold down rail on one side of the WC and vertical rail on the wall.
- WC is 40 cm high, toilet seat risers are available
- Level access shower with two horizontal handrails, roll in shower chair available
- Shower taps are 1.2m and 1.5 m high
- The path to the pool is level
- Swimming pool with three steps (6, 8 and 5 cm) access and metal handrail (depth of pool is from 56cm to 1.16m)
- Powered Virmedic pool hoist (max. work load 185kg)
- Metal framed sunbeds at the poolside with armrest providing good support when transferring
- Optional meal and food delivery service
The accessibility for all generations regardless of their age and ability, make this place ideal for family get-togethers
Assistance at the airport
Malaga Airport offers excellent assistance for disabled travellers. For more information please check out their official site here. IMPORTANT: Assistance has to be booked minimum 48 Hours before light departure.
Special Assistance Dogs are welcome. Your health, comfort and safety are of the utmost importance to us.
We are a fully registered and legal Casa Rural and have public liability insurance.
There is a medical centre in the village of Iznajar 10 minutes drive along with two pharmacies.
If you need any specialised equipment, electric bed etc please contact Equipment Hire Blue Badge. They can deliver equipment direct to the villa.
You can hire wheelchair adapted vehicles from Caleta Car Hire.
We will do our best to ensure that your individual needs are met wherever reasonably possible.